Our instruments are highly acclaimed and played by professional musician, teachers and students in Canada, the US and Europe.
- I couldn’t be happier with my violin. After years of playing on instruments on loan from generous foundations, it is a pleasure to own a violin I love so much.
Hed Yaron-Mayersohn, assistant concertmaster Rotterdam Philharmonics, former academist Berliner Philharmoniker
- I am so grateful to have met Gideon. I was ready to move on from my Testore and found in their violin the type of sound I was looking for. Its sound is polished like an old italian even though the violin was but a few month old when I received it. A characteristic of all the instruments I have seen them make. This violin has become a dear friend.
Guillaume Pirard – Brooklyn-based chamber musician, conductor and teacher, founding member of The Knights
- I commissioned Gideon and Mira in the spring of 2014 to make a copy of the beautiful Michel’Angelo Bergonzi I have the privilege of playing on. Meticulously crafted with exceptional varnishing, the copy is a spitting image of the original. Tonally, I am extremely pleased with the result. Fantastic projection with many different layers of colour and clarity.
Andrew Wan – concertmaster of Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal, member of New Orford Quartett
- Gideon and Mira’s violin(s) possess a powerful and complex depth and fullness to their tone that is, in my opinion, unique to the modern instruments that I have heard and played. Yet they compromise nothing in power, projection, and brilliance even in the upper registers. In my opinion, and that of everyone that I have shown these instruments to, the work of this young couple is bound for success and recognition in the very near future.
Emmanuel Vukovich – violinist, founder of The Parcival Project, teacher at McGill University, Montreal
- Mira and Gideon make violins that are a delight to play, beautiful to see, and wonderful to hear. These luthiers are also lovely people, and it’s a pleasure to work with them as they create an instrument designed for your specific playing style and tastes. If you are looking for a really top quality violin, I’d highly recommend that you check out their work!
Mark Kaplan – internationally known soloist and chamber musician, Professor at Indiana University
- I took delivery of my Gruszow cello in 2013 and was excited to know that it bore the same beautiful sound and meticulous workmanship seen in her previous creations. Through the experience of having been as cellist herself, Mira Gruszov is able to apply this invaluable insight to her vision and creativity as a luthier and her sensitivity to the needs of the player. My Gruszow cello, with it’s depth of expression and ease of playing, is a pleasure and can truly be considered an artist’s instrument
Gerald Morin – cellist, Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal
- Le violoncelle Hector de Mira Gruszow a une sonorité chaleureuse, une bonne projection et est facile à jouer. Ces qualités ne m’ont jamais fait défaut, et se sont bonifiées depuis son acquisition en 2012. Hector est l’instrument avec lequel je travaille quotidiennement, à l’orchestre comme en musique de chambre.
Sylvie Lambert – cellist, Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal
- Je connais les violons de Mira Gruszow depuis plusieurs années et j’ai récemment eu l’occasion de jouer un de ses derniers instruments, qui est à l’égal de la plus belle lutherie qui se fait actuellement, riche, profond, d’une qualité de réponse et de couleurs exceptionnelle, adapté autant à la musique de chambre qu’à l’orchestre ou au solo. Je suis particulièrement sensible à l’écoute de Mira Gruszow lors de nos rencontres, véritable point d’intersection entre l’instrument et le musicien, toujours dans le but d’offrir le meilleur pour que la musique puisse s’exprimer librement. Je ne peux que conseiller aux musiciens de s’intéresser de plus près à la lutherie moderne, qui, lorsqu’elle est de cette qualité, offre des perspectives d’une richesse inégalée.
Dominique Woltèche – violoniste et pianiste, chambriste, directrice artistique de Constellations Musicales